Saturday 20 February 2010

Avril in Wonderland


Yet more Alice related goodies adding to one of the most hotly anticipated films of the year, Avril Lavigne releases the video for her new single and the theme song for the film, 'Alice Underground'.

Did you know the very first edition of the Alice story by Lewis Carroll was actually called 'Alice's Adventures Underground'? I think it's cool that song title seems to reference this, but it also fits in with the Gothic under tones of Burton's interpretation of the tale, and of course Avril's 'alternative' image.

The video sees Avril as Alice, following the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole, running through a dark forest and joining the Mad Hatter for tea. The video includes scenes from the film, which I would have expected but I found it quite annoying the way they had spliced it so as to make it seem that Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter was actually there with Avril, and used a lookalike for shots from further away. I didn't think it was very well done, and detracts from the video as a whole. I guess they didn't have much of a budget but I enjoyed the Wonderland imagery overall.

What do you think of the video? Post your comments and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment