Friday 23 April 2010

Sun Stroke

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
"Stretching out on the rock, body taught,then relaxed, on the altar, I felt that I was being raped deliciously by the sun, filled full of heat from the impersonal and colossal god of nature.

High, bonewhite, I had been washed by the sea, cleansed, baptised, purified, and dried clean and crisp by the sun. Like seaweed, brittle, sharp, strong-smelling- like stone,rounded, curved, oval,clean- like wind, pungent, salty- like all these was the body of my love. An orgiastic sacrifice on the altar of rock and sun,and I arose shining from centuries of love,clean and satiated fro mthe consuming fire of his casual and timeless desire."

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

"A wind, salty and moist, blew damply in my hair; through a great glinting mass of it I could see the blue twinkle of the ocean. The sun seeped into every pore, satiating every querulous fiber of me into a great glowing golden peace."

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

pictures from weheartit, flickr, third picture by Jason Lee Parry via Knight Cat.  Extract from 'The Journals of Sylvia Plath 1950-1962'(Faber 2001) from her summer in Massachusetts, 1951.

No comments:

Post a Comment